We live our lives day to day in our own routines, but it’s good to switch it up once in a while and give yourself a break. Life should never be boring! Try some of these things to challenge yourself today (and every day).
- Do a Crossword Puzzle – There’s no better way to get yourself thinking that sitting down with a crossword puzzle. From pop culture references to strange words you forgot you knew, crossword puzzles are a great way to get your brain working.
- Turn Off the TV – It’s easy to succumb to that hypnotizing screen, but think of all the things you could be doing instead of getting to know your couch better! Turn off the TV. Go outside, play a game, or just talk to a friend! Any of these is better that sitting around while your brain turns to mush.
- Don’t Complain – Getting caught up in everyday drama can be exciting for a little while, but in the end, all of the stress isn’t good for you. Take a moment to think about positive things. Instead of voicing complaints, h0w about voicing some gratitude?
- Set a Goal for the Day – this can be anything from finally organizing the laundry room to sorting through those magazines you’ve been meaning to make a collage out of. Pick one thing that you’ve been wanting to do and get it done – today!
- Compliment Someone – Give someone a real compliment, not just “I like your shoes,” a real compliment. You’ll feel great and so will someone else!
- Smile – Not every day is going to be perfect. We all know that. Maybe today it’s raining, or the dog got out and you had to chase him down the street again. It will be ok! Take a deep breath and smile. You know you want to!
- Read a Book
– When is the last time you sat down and read a book? Read a chapter from that book that’s basically becoming coffee table art at this point! It could be your new favorite.
- Try Something New – Pick something, anything that you’ve been wanting to try and go out and try it. Try a new food, go to a new place, meet a new person! The world is full of new things just waiting to be experienced.
- Have a Real Conversation – No texting, no calling, no IM’ing. Go out and meet up with one of your friends and talk to them. Face to face interaction is way underrated.
- Exercise – Take the stairs instead of the elevator or actually hit the treadmill. Just putting in the extra little bit of effort will give you more energy later.