Finals week is here! Which means you NEED a healthy snack to get you through this awesome week of dance. Thanks to Yummly, we were able to find the perfect snack bar to keep in your dance bag. Now, you can snack on this super sweet and tasty bar between all of your performances. Check it out!
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (I used frozen)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cups pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cups coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease an 8x8in baking dish with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add blueberries, chia seeds and maple syrup. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often. Use a potato masher to smash blueberries for the “jam” layer. Set aside.
- Combine oats, oat flour, sugar, cinnamon salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add applesauce, maple syrup and coconut oil, stirring to combine.
- Set aside a heaping half cup of the oat mixture and then spoon the rest evenly into the prepared pan. Top with blueberry chia jam, spreading evenly with a spoon or spatula.
- Drop the rest of the oat mixture on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into 12 bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.
This recipe is courtesy of Hummusapien and Yummly!