Casting for Netflix‘s Columbian adaptation of One Hundred Years of Solitude began last week as production company Dynamo began its search for the people seven generations of the Beundía family.
One Hundred Years of Solitude is an adaptation of Gabriel García Marquez’ beloved novel of the same name which follows the Buendía family through seven generations of love, drama, and conflict.
According to Netflix, music and dance schools in Aracataca, Ciénaga, Valledupar, Lorica, Pelayito, Cereté and Chorrillo, in addition to major cities such as Monteria, Santa Marta, Bogotá and Medellín, among others will be visited in search of talent for the adaptation. Dates for those visits will be announced through the municipal mayors’ offices, social media, mobile loudspeaker campaigns, and local media.
Netflix also announced that anyone interested in auditioning for One Hundred Years of Solitude can audition online at casting100añosdesoldedad.com.
Interested applicants should follow these steps:
- Click on “Enter”.
- Register by entering an email address and password.
- Reading and accepting the terms of participation in the casting.
- Click on the link that will be sent to your email address to verify your identity.
- Fill out and complete the 4 steps:
- Step 1: Image usage authorization
- Step 2: Fill out personal information.
- Step 3: Attach a photograph following the written instructions.
- Step 4: Attach a video following the written instructions.