ACT of Connecticut is setting up shop for their fall performance schedule. If you’re not afraid of plants, especially strange ones, you might be the perfect “employee” for their Little Shop of Horrors.
Wednesday, May 29, 2019
10:00 am – 6:00 pm (EDT)
Pearl Studios NYC (500)
500 8th Ave
New York, NY 10018-6504
Studio 1212 (Aud) ; Studio 1215 (Holding)
- Prepare a short song in the style of the show along with a second piece if asked to sing more.
- Bring a hard copy headshot/resume and your book of music.
- Seymour: Male, 20-30s. An employee at Mushnik’s Flower Shop, Seymour Krelborn is the improbable hero of the story. Introverted and insecure, he is naive and put-upon. In spite of his flaws, he’s a sweet, genuine and well-meaning little man. In love with Audrey and will do anything to protect her. Bari-tenor.
- Audrey: Female, 20s-30s. A sweet and vulnerable girl from the wrong side of the tracks. She is all heart beneath her peroxide blonde hair and pin-up girl outfits. Audrey works with Seymour at the flower shop and is the love of his life. Lacking in education and self-esteem, she has beautiful dreams for the future despite the hopelessness of her situation, including her abusive relationship. Soprano with strong rock mix/belt.
- Mr. Mushnik: Male, 50s-60s. Owner of the failing Skid Row flower shop and Seymour’s nosey boss. He is generally a good man but can be profit-driven, greedy, and manipulative. Often yells and complains in Yiddish. Baritone.
- Orin Scrivello DDS: Cast. Male, mid 20s-40s. Egotistical dentist with a passion for leather and sadistic tendencies. Audrey’s abusive boyfriend. This actor also plays other roles in a series of quick changes, and should be a strong comic with great transformational skills. Baritone/Bass (a la Johnny Cash) or Bari-tenor.
- Voice Of Audrey II: Any Sex, Any age. An offstage actor/vocalist with the funky rhythm and blues voice of a conniving street-smart villain. A cross between Wolfman Jack and Barry White. Baritone with extension.
- Crystal, Ronnette & Chiffon: Any Ethnicity other than Caucasian, 20s-30s. Street urchins and our musical guides through the evening, sometimes acting as a Greek Chorus – they know what’s coming. Young, energetic and street smart with sharp sense of humor. Must have strong Motown-style vocals and be adept with tight harmonies and choreography.