If you are a fan of the classic Freaky Friday story, then you are going to want to attend this audition! The Horizon Theatre Company is looking for singers and actors to play a variety of roles in their upcoming production of Freaky Friday.
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
6:00 pm – 10:00 pm (EST)
Thursday, January 4, 2018
6:00 pm – 10:00 pm (EST)
1083 Austin Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30307-1940
- Prepare a song that shows your range from a contemporary musical.
- Prepare two additional contrasting musical selections.
- If you have not auditioned with the Horizon Theatre Company before, prepare a contemporary comedic monologue.
- Bring two photos and two copies of your resume
- Katherine Blake: 40-49, single mother who runs her own catering business, believes she can have it all by doing it all: event planning, designing, and catering her own perfect wedding. Must also portray Ellie in Katherine’s body. Strong belter.
- Ellie Blake: teenager. (Adult 18+ who can play teen), rumpled, disorganized “everygirl,” smart, funny, and passionate, sees herself as easily forgotten. Must also portray Katherine in Ellie’s body. Strong belter.
- Fletcher Blake: 8, Katherine’s eccentric son and Ellie’s younger brother, budding puppeteer who annoys his sister (but secretly looks up to her). Must sing.
- Mike Riley: 40-49, Katherine’s fiance and a contracter, warm, reliable, adores Katherine and her kids. Bari-Tenor.
- Adam: teen. (Adult 18+ who can play teen). Love interest for Ellie, slouchy and scruffy, adorable cool. Tenor.
- Male Ensemble: Adults 18+ of all ethnicities and ages. Seeking actors who sing. Each will play a variety of roles, which may include both teen and adult roles. Roles include: Grandpa Gordon, Louie Snaps- Photographer, Pastor Bruno, Mr. Blumen- High School teacher, Wells- High School student, Parker- High School student, Parker’s Dad, Senor O’Brien- High School Spanish teacher, Officer Kowalski, Fish Vendor, Wedding Party, Students/Teachers
- Female Ensemble: Adults 18+ of all ethnicities and ages. Seeking actors who sing. Each will play a variety of roles, which may include both teen and adult roles. Roles include: Torrey-Katherine’s assistant, Savannah-high school student, Grandma Helene, Hannah- High School student, Gretchen- High School student, Ms. Meyers-High School teacher; Alexandra Daniel- Journalist, Adam’s Mom, Savannah’s Mom, Mrs. Luckenbill, Mrs. Time, Officer Sitz, Catering Waiter, Dr. Ehrin-School Counselor, Wedding Party, Students/Teachers.