Let’s not lie and pretend that we are all morning people. We are more often than not, close friends with the snooze button and caffeine addicts, but how your morning goes can set the tone for your whole day! It is important to figure out your morning routine, so you can wake up with a smile that will carry you through the rest of the day.
- Don’t Hit Snooze! – “Five more minutes” of sleep might seem like a good idea, but just getting out of bed and getting your day started is better. When your alarm goes off, get up and get moving. Even just heading straight to the bathroom to brush your teeth can be enough to pull you out of the “just woke up” grogginess. If the snooze button is too tempting, put your phone or alarm clock in a place where you will have to get up to turn it off. If you have to get up to make that grating alarm tone stop, chances are you’ll stay up. The coffee is calling after all!
- Eat Breakfast – You’ve probably heard this a million times, but breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. Grabbing breakfast doesn’t mean chomping down on a granola bar on your way out the door either. Eat a real breakfast. SIt down and eat a bowl of cereal or a bagel. (Or if you’re already rocking your mornings, whip up some eggs!) You will thank yourself for taking the time to eat when you need the energy later.
- Exercise – Getting moving is one of the best ways to, well, get moving! Start the day with a few jumping jacks or a quick jog in place. You don’t have to do anything crazy! Just ten minutes of morning exercise can do wonders.
- Daily Goals – Ask yourself, “What do I want to do today?” (And no, sleep is not a good answer.) Write down your goals for the day and see how many you can get through. Just remember not to set too many, and don’t stress about what you don’t get done. Be proud of what you do! There’s no need to overwhelm yourself.
- Listen to Music – Bust out your phone and put on your favorite song! There is not better way to get ready in the morning than dancing around while you brush your teeth and pick out your outfit for the day.
Now, go rock your morning!